Sunday, November 4, 2007

My "SWEET" Son


I have to preface this picture by saying that I LOVE MY SON, and he looks so precious in this picture, but he has been a NIGHTMARE lately. I took this picture because it is funny, and it represents a SANE time for Ike and I. He was really sick a few weeks ago with ear infections and croup (sp?), but since he has gotten better he is a changed boy. He has OCD I think because he will only drink out of a certain sippy cup with a yellow lid (not blue), he will only wear one jacket and one pair of shoes, and he only wants to wear the diaper with the green blue's clues dog on it. Today was the last straw. It is now 5pm, and he is sleeping, but for the last few hours we have been fighting diapers with him. He will not wear one, and when Ike gave up, I decided to try letting him go "au Natural" (thinking he will go to his potty when he needs to go). He didn't and peed all over the ottoman he was sitting on, then came to tell me about it. (At least he owned up to his mistake). After punishing him and fighting with the diaper some more, I guess he realized he did wrong and kept the diaper on....then fell asleep on the stairs. He must have been really tired (hadn't had a nap all day until now), because if you look closely he is biting the stairs.

Anyway....if anyone else finds this story funny because they have been in similar situations with their kids....Please email me....maybe you will have suggestions on how to handle this TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TWOS behavior. (I thought I was going to miss out on the really terrible stuff...but ha ha...think again.)

Oh, and Thanks God for trying to teach us patience, but don't you think you've gone a little overboard? We get it!!

4 comments:

ash and jay said...

What a funny story. I feel your pain, girl! Alina has been EXTRA terrible lately too. And I go to bed at night exhausted, wondering when she's finally gunna grow out of this stage!!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Tera, I SWEAR I needed to read this today. I have been at my wits end with Brooklyn, and had to call my sister with it all b/c I was so FRUSTRATED!! I was so to the point that I was just babbling and she STILL understood what I was saying!

That is SUCH a cute picture of Dane! I can see he's biting the stair! CUTE!

I will have to call you after April's Shower, tell you how much we missed you, and trade some ideas for these two-year-olds!!! ;)

Kathy said...

What goes around comes around, what else can a Grandma say? But I loved the pictured, they are always the cutest when they are asleep!

Julianne said...

Oh Tera! That was great! The terrible twos only last a brief moment and then you just miss them. Hang on! You are a terrific person and Mommy!
julianne