Thursday, August 2, 2007

First Post

Well, after careful consideration and the admiration of others' blogs, I decided that the Turleys would have one, too. It seems like such a more efficient way to let family and friends in on what happening with us! So here goes........

We are currently in Spanish Fork, Utah. I'm teaching PE part-time, and Ike is working construction while we are awaiting the right coaching opportunity. Last season he was coaching at Utah Valley University (it is a University now!). They had a great season, and now he is hoping for another opportunity, but sometimes it is hard to find the right fit in the coaching field. Dane, our son is 2 and he is a great kid, despite the new tantrums he is performing daily. I guess that getting rid of the binki does has some downfalls, although it is good in the long run. We are not planning any more little ones in the near future, but I know Dane would like to have a permanent playmate....so I guess it could be under consideration. For now, though, there are tons of kids his age on our street, so he is not without playmates!

It has been a nice summer break for me, but I am gettin anxious to have a set routine again in a few weeks once school starts. Luckily my school worked with me on a part time schedule, so I can be with Dane by 12:15 every day and I have Fridays off. Not too bad, I say! I am also working on my Master's in Education, which will be completed by the end of next summer.

We have one more family vacation next week to Newport Beach, CA, and then it is back to the grind. I'm actually getting excited for Fall.....I love that we live in a place that has changing seasons again....sorry to all of our AZ and Hawaii friends....although you Hawaii people can't really complain. Hope this finds our family and friends well and happy!

2 comments:

Auburn said...

T, I love it that you have a blog now! The family looks great! And now I finally know exactly where you are living at the moment! When are you coming to AZ? I know you are going to be teaching, but you should come stay with me. My boys will be in school all day and Roxy would love to hang with Dane!Someday...

Unknown said...

Tara, Ike, & Dane...this is kinda cool...I keep hoping you'll settle for awhile...been busy here...gangs, thieves, drownings, crashes, internal problems (not me, department)...all you kids are grown, so, we have horses...just bought a foundation quarter horse that's big and beautiful (buckskin mare)...getting into cutting and penning horse activities...have an appointment in March that will last three months at the National FBI Academy in Quantico, Virginia...looking forward to the experience I need some smarts...keep up the good work...we'll try and come down for a visit in November...love you all...Dad