Thursday, December 18, 2008

SNOW in VEGAS!!

Yes, it's true.....SNOW IN VEGAS...and lots of it. Two snows in one week, to be exact! The first left an inch or two at the edge of town near the mountains, but this second one dumped on us good! These pics are of my niece and nephew at the park (and one of their street where they live). They got it worse than Ike and I did because they live about 15 minutes further south and the southern part of the valley got it bad! Today, though, it was warmer (in the 40s) and melted much of it. I did get a nice day off because they closed schools....so I say, bring it on again, so we don't have to go to school Friday as well! (Wishful thinking)


2 comments:

Elika said...

wow who knew it could snow in vegas!! crazy weather all over the place! Hauula flooded the day I flew out...I almost didn't make it out because the roads were blocked on both sides of me! I actually had to walk across the bridge in the rain with two kids in hand with luggage! Lucky I had help...anyways happy holidays!

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

I heard on the news it snowed in Vegas...thats crazy! Yeah call my mom so we can see you guys while we are all here. Ryan gets here SUnday and will be here for 10 days. Its been awhile so you better come see us!