Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving in Washington

We spent Thanksgiving in Washington at Ike's Dad's house this year. It was a great trip, and we are glad to have had the chance to go visit again. The last time we were there was 4 years ago when I was about 10 weeks pregnant with Dane. Ike's Dad has moved out a little more into the country and has a few horses and some fun tractors and other animals that Dane loved. Ike's sister, Ginni, and her family were also there, so Dane got to see his cousin and best friend from when we lived in Utah...Pierce! They had a blast together. We split the trip up in the beginning into two days of driving (about 7 1/2 hours each). While we were there we visited with family, including Ike's Aunt Lynn that lives nearby and Ike's step brothers and sister. We had a bonfire one night, rode the tractors and horses (dane was too scared to get on the horse), and Ike played in his alumni game at his old Junior College where he went to school before transferring to BYU Hawaii. We also took Bo, and he was in heaven running around the property and chasing us in the tractor. I think he had a hard time with the colder temps though....I think living in Vegas the past 6 months has kept him from getting his winter coat that he usually got up in Utah this time of year. All in all, it was a great trip, and my only complaint is that we didn't have two days at the end of the weekend to drive home. The 15 hour drive in one day was insane, but we did it and we are now taking this week to wind down, do laundry, catch up on our favorite tv shows, and relax a little until our next trip to Cali at Christmas......thank heaven it is only a 3 hour drive!









3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dang girl! You have been BUSY! I've been out of the loop for a bit, but love the stories! Happy 6th Anniversary, BTW! Love all the pictures, so glad you guys are havin fun out there! Write when you get the chance...

Lana said...

I am so happy you did all those posts. It was so fun seeing what you have been doing lately! I am happy you have had so many fun times lately. Your anniversary sounded so nice. You guys look great in the photo. I love the one of Ike cupping the moon. Funny! Dane looked adorable on Halloween too. I love that costume! The air show stuff was awesome too!
I hope you got my birthday message. I am thinking of you and miss you!

Heaton's said...

Hey Tera (its Cassady) I found your blog, cute pictures. I just started a blog of my own(heatonsix). I was against blogging at first but it's a fun way to keep in touch. I sent your Chtistmas card to Utah(. I'll get your new address from Auburn. Well have a Merry Christmas, Kerry says hi.