Sunday, March 1, 2009

And February Ends!

Well, we are glad that February is OVER! It was a stressfull month with Ike looking for a job and us not knowing what's going to happen next in our lives, but things are finally more clear now. (I just think of that song that goes...."I can see clearly now the rain is gone...") Although nothing is concrete until it happens, we have received reassurance that by the end of the month everything will go down. So what is it? Well, in a nutshell...Ike's bro, Kyle, has offered him a job as a project manager/superintendant on the project he is developing on his land down in La Paz, Mexico in Baja Sur. So Ike will probably be moving down there to get started near the end of the month, if all goes well. I will stay here with Dane and then move down in June when my school year is over. Viva Mexico! It sounds like a big decision to move out of the country, and it is, but it has definitely fallen in our laps at the right time when NOTHING and I mean NOTHING else has surfaced. Any job lead Ike has had in the last month has fallen through and it is getting down to crunch time financially. So, that is our plan for now. It will be a great resume-builder for Ike in the construction field and it couldn't come at a better time. It will be fun brushing up on my spanish and teaching Dane and Ike, too. La Paz is a short flight to California, so we will be able to come back to visit frequently.

That's our life in a nutshell...you just never know where we will be next. So, unless something major happens from now until the end of the month, we will be moving abroad for a little while. La Paz seems like a great place to live...check it out online. It is fairly modern (it is the capital of Baja) and has a population of about 150,000 - 200,000. Yes, it is another country, but don't forget....I've lived in Mexico before, so there is no culture shock for me. I am excited to embrace the culture once again. Hopefully it will be a great adventure for us.

Well, finally, here are a few pics once again of what we have been up to...not much, just enjoying this last weekend of February in the 70 degree temps (finally). We will definitely miss the trampoline when we move, but hey...La Paz has a Wal-mart and Sam's club, so getting another one down there would be a breeze!

Thank you for all of your prayers and well wishes while we have been trying to figure out our next move the past month. Soon the stress will be over! Love to all!






7 comments:

Kendria said...

Dane is getting so big! Good luck with everything Tera. YOu are a strong lady and are always positive. MEXICO?

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

What do you mean NOTHING surfaced!? I suggested Ike come sell with Paul! Could have been a great opportunity...oh well. I hope all this works out for you and your family. If it doesn't let us know...we are selling in Houston TX...almost as warm as Mexico I imagine! Best of luck!

Heaton's said...

That's great for you guys,hope it works out. Mexico should be a fun adventure!

Mikki said...

I am so jealous! Sounds like a great adventure. Are you living in Kyle's house at Bay of Dreams? or are you going to live in La Paz?
I am really pushing to get down there this summer so hopefully we will come visit you :)

Mikki said...

I am so jealous! Sounds like a great adventure. Are you living in Kyle's house at Bay of Dreams? or are you going to live in La Paz?
I am really pushing to get down there this summer so hopefully we will come visit you :)

Heaton's said...

Whats up this is Kerry. Holy crap that is totally my dream, except I wanted Mexico City. You guys suck. When did you live done there Terra? I knew I should have married you instead of Cassady. Oh well. If Ike ever needs a Husky, good looking, bilingual building inspector to look things over let me know. You never know if Chandler can afford to keep me around. No Seriously let me know. My kids would love it. Cass not so much, she is scared of Mexicans. Good thing I'm only half. Later and I know you will have a good time.

ash and jay said...

I'm so glad that you guys have this new opportunity! It sounds wonderful. Dane is such a big boy now......Mexico sounds like a great vacation spot??!! When everything get settled with you guys, lets plan to meet up. Good luck with everything!