Sunday, September 6, 2009

Emma's Birthday

Dane's cousins from Vegas came into town this weekend and we celebrated Emma's 9th birthday at the American Girl Store/Cafe at the Grove in L.A. It was really fun. I have never been there before (I have all boys now), but we sat down to eat and they gave little Waimea a doll to borrow during the lunch (Emma brought hers). They even give the dolls a seat that attaches to the table and a tea cup. The food was pretty good and they gave Emma a cute pink/white birthday cake that they served with peppermint icecream in little garden cups with a fake flower coming out of it. Too cute. Then we let Emma pick out her birthday presents at the store (accessories for her and her doll) and we left after doing a little more shopping at some other stores.

I must say that even though we had a blast with our girls day (plus Dane) at the doll shop/cafe, I am still really glad that I am having another boy. People go all out on that American Girl stuff......and it doesn't come cheap! I can't say that in the future I might wish for a little of that, but for now I am happy with doing all the fun (and cheap) boy stuff that they enjoy. And I don't mind the extra laundry from dirty clothes everyday...I can deal with that!


No comments: