Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hiking Mt. Rubidoux

I love having someone near you that you can work out with! Mandi and I have always loved working out together.....we did it with our girls (Elika and Ashley) in Hawaii and now that we live near each other again....and we had babies at the same time.....And like to work out at the same level, it is PERFECT! She comes up twice a week and one of us watches all the kids at my house, while the other goes to TFitness and works out (helps to own a gym, I guess)!! Then, another 2 days a week (most weeks), we have been hiking up the paved trail at Mt. Rubidoux in Riverside. It is absolutely GORGEOUS right now and we have had some rain on and off for a while, so the sunny days are just beautiful. 70 degrees and visibility for MILES yesterday when we went.....I just love that I can be outdoors in FEB! I know I have to enjoy it now, because the HOT days are just a few months away and we may not get to do this then because I don't know if it is possible to get up and out the door early enough to catch the cooler morning weather then, but we will see! For now, it is GREAT! For all my loved ones in colder temps....you are always welcome to come to the sunshine!!!

This is looking down on the back side of the mountain, opposite from the direction where we live. I love the sweeping clouds and snow capped mountains in the distance....so pretty. You can see the paved trail we use and there is also an airstrip down at the bottom. Sometimes the planes come really close and the kids love it!



I tried to get a pic of Dane and his cousin, Waimea, saluting the flag....it worked okay, but they looked a little more like they were shielding their eyes.


THis is Mandi pointing toward the Overlook area where Kathy lives...from the top you have a 360 degree view and it was so clear yesterday.


Me and Dane!


At the top with downtown Riverside behind us. Oh, and I'm sportin' my "new-used" stroller.....it has been awesome so far!

No comments: