Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Jack at 3 months

Tomorrow Jack will be 3 mo. old! He is growing so fast so i'm glad modern technology allows me to document it so easily! Here's what he's been doing:

*In 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers.
*Loves to talk and coo....he really is a happy baby.
*He has deep blue eyes, and I think his hair will be darker than Danes....probably a good brown.
*His binki is a quick cry fix....so easy for mom to get just a few more things done at once.
*Still loves sucking that thumb or his hand...if he cries then suddenly stops, I know what has happened. I still put mittens on him sometimes, but he started sucking on his thumb over the mitten, so not sure if they help, but I will keep trying.
*Still loves to be swaddled to go to sleep but I always find him uncovered with his hand or thumb in his mouth when he wakes up!
*He is so wiggly!
*Occasionally rolls over front to back, but not consistant....doesn't really like being on his tummy.
*When he is on his tummy, he usually tucks his knees up unerneath him an ends up scooting himself forward......I know...Yikes...I'm not ready for any kind of movement yet!
*Usually sleeps 6-7 hours per night, but I think his 3 month growth spurt has disrupted that a little bit this week. Now, if I could only get my other child to stop waking up at night (he's in a scared phase).......one day BOTH will sleep through the night and I won't wake up feeling tired...one day.
*He still has his cowlick just above his forehead on his right side....don't think it's going away. I have tried combing it down and gelling it, etc, but I've given up and am letting it fall where it may! Maybe it will give him "character"...or maybe he will be yelling at me one day for not getting rid of it...who knows!
*He is definitely a mamma's boy right now (nursing is mostly the reason), but he really calms down when he is with me or in sight of me. Ike gets so frustrated sometimes because Jack will just start crying when he's holding him and there's really no reason....then he comes to me and he calms down quickly. I will take that as long as I can...because when Dane turned 1 or 2, he became all about Dad, and has been that way ever since.
*Jack is growing similarly to Dane...longer torso and smaller legs, so he grows out of shirts faster than pants...Long and lean just like their dad! Ike jokes that my family's "short" genes have doomed Dane, but maybe there is hope for Jack! Truth is, Ike didn't get his growth spurt until later in high school and kept growing through his mission! So, we have some time Ike!!!

I'm sure there is more, but I just can't think right now, and I'm hearing some crying behind me, so we know what that means!!


3 comments:

Lana said...

I'm so glad you are writing those things down about Jack so that we can keep up with him growing. He is so darling and his personality sounds so sweet!
That sounds really perfect that you can workout with Mandi, and definitely motivational when you have the gym at your access and beautiful scenery on the other days with amazing weather. What more could you ask for, huh? That is awesome! You look fabulous in the pictures! I will call you this week for sure!

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

So cute! We are coming down next weekend for a few days...maybe you guys can come for Sunday dinner at my parents (March 7th) so I can see this new little one of yours...not to mention it has been FOREVER since I have seen you!

Kendria said...

That was a lot of good info! You remember a lot. Way yo go, Mom. Sounds like you are enjoying being at home with them! :)