Sunday, April 3, 2011

A little of this and that...


Low Country Boil at Ike's Aunt's house.....YUM!

Waiting for the Balboa Island Ferry with Tiff and the kids

Jack really enjoyed his time at the beach......he loves the sand!

Couch fort (aka...mess).  Drives me crazy but I love seeing them have fun together and play!

Our little spring visitor.....luckily he only came by one day and haven't seen him since!!

Jog-a-thon at Dane's school. 


Although I have been M.I.A. for over a month, I still want to document a few things.  First,  at the beginning of March Ike gave his two weeks at his second job and went back to running the gym full time again and trainig.  I was nervous about it at first, because it means a drop in income/benefits but underneath the initial fear was relief for him and me.  He worked like a dog for 7 months and the plan was around 6 or until we felt the gym was stable enough to do so without us going crazy financially.  After he worked his last day I think we both felt a weight lifted....it just wasn't the right thing for him to do anymore and it's purpose had run its course.  So he is back running the gym full time and I am at home with the kids more now.  I am glad to be home more (for now) because I feel like I can have more balance with keeping up with the house and kids.  I thought it would give me a little more time but I still feel like I stay pretty busy.  I think I go in cycles and it's like I can never make up my mind....do i want to be a stay at home mom or do I want to still be involved in my career?  I know I don't want the full time career right now because it is just too much and I think it is important for me to be with my kids as much as possible especially right now while they are still fairly young.  Then there are times when I think about going back to work and I get excited because I think I am good at what I do and it is important to feel that accomplishment and appreciation in that aspect of my life as well.  For now I am good but depending on what happens for us in the next few months, I may be revisiting the idea of either working again, or thinking about child #3.  But like I said...a lot is riding on how things develop over the next few months.

That being said, I posted some pics from my phone (not great quality...guess I need to upgrade again).  Dane had a jog-a-thon at his school to raise money and I think I still owe $1 or something...whoops!  I love watching him grow and develop and interact with is teacher and classmates.  I love seeing him learn. 

A few weeks ago we had a little visitor slither accross our front lawn, down the driveway, then off into the brush...YUCK!  I sat down on the sidewalk to put Jack down and turned to my right and BOOM...there it was about 5 feet away in the grass!  I grabbed Jack and jumped up so quick.  The snake was about 5 feet long....harmless, but gave me the heebie jeebies none-the-less!!

My sister came about a week or two ago for her spring break at the Univ. of Utah.  It was so fun to see her...it had been about 9 months!  She came for 3 days and we met up with some cousins, went to disneyland, went to the beach, and just played with the boys.  I was hoping for better weather, but it was still better than what she left behind in Utah.  I have some more pics on my camera so  I will add those later.

I had to include a pic of this Low Country Boil we had for Sunday dinner tonight at Ike's Aunt's house.  Ike's cousin, Burke cooked up some good grub for his daughter's b-day party.  It was a variety of shellfish, sausage, potatoes, and corn...YUM!  I haven't had crab in forever!  Jack even tried it! Of course he just ran around biting and sucking on his little ear of corn most of the time but it was fun!

Ike went to the final four in Houston, TX this weekend and I'm staying up to wait for him to come home from the airport.  I have only talked to him briefly over the past few days because he has been so busy meeting up with his coaching buddies, and going to a ton of events.  I think it has been great for him and I know that is what he is really meant to do.  While he was there he texted me a few times that we need a weekend get-a-way...and Yes, I agree...we do!  I don't think we have ever been away from the kids...and it is about time!  Maybe we can work on that soon!  Anyway, he was really missed and I can't wait to have him back, but I'm glad he had a good time.  He deserved it after all the hard work he has done over the past 6 months!

2 comments:

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

Tera! I want to read your post but I can hardly see the yellow lettering and the font is so small :( I think I need to get my eyes checked, and my ears too for that matter. Looking forward to seeing you all in June!! :)

The Turley Times said...

I know Ash..I can't figure out how to change it. I may have to switch my background color. If you know how, let me know!