Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Proud Purchase!

The family has been sick the last week so I have spent a lot of time at home while they have been sleeping it off!  THis gave me a lot of time to prepare for a good shopping trip, but wouldn't you know it....there weren't any really great sales this week.  I did however manage to get a few items we use regularly at Walgreens for a great deal.  I think this is how I will attack it from now on....smaller groups of purchases.  It takes less time to prepare (only about 20 min this time) and I already had to go that way so I stopped in!  They didn't have everything I wanted because it is mid week, but I was informed they were unloading a truck and to come back later and they might be restocked! Sweet!  Anyway...my best deal yet (only I had trouble with a few coupons at check out so I could have saved a few more dollars).  Here's what I got:

4 boxes of Splenda 100ct packets (I love lemonade and herbal tea so I'm trying out splenda)
2 Schick Hydro 5 razors (with one replacement cartridge each). 
3 cans chuck white tuna
8 bags popcorn (they were selling individually for .25 each)
2 packs stayfree maxipads 

Retail total: About $40 before sale discounts and coupons.  Here's the retail breakdown...razors retail about $9 each, the splenda and pads retail about $3 each, the tuna just over $1, and the popcorn is sold separately for .50 or more each. Plus Retail at Walgreens is a little more expensive then retail at discount stores like target or walmart, but with the deals they have weekly, I can pay much less!

Grand total out of pocket: $9.50!!!!  AND...I got a $4 coupon to use on my next walgreens purchase before 5/11/11.  So that's really like I got it all for $5.50.  Not too bad I say!    I want to go back and use the $4 on replacement razor cartridges when they are restocked, so I will get two packs for about $5...that's $2.50 each for TWO replacement packs (I think they are 3 or 4 count).   

2 comments:

Kendria said...

You are pretty much amazing! I was never good at that stuff... blows my mind!

Heaton's said...

Wow, good job! I really need to do the coupon thing but I just can't get into it. Everyone seems to save so much by doing it. Maybe one of these days I'll get inspired and try it.