Saturday, September 29, 2007

Brrrrrr..




So, I knew the forcast for this weekend was rainy (which is a nice change ... and i like a good fall rain), but little did I know it would be SNOWING by late afternoon!
I let Bo out to go potty and it was raining, then 5 min later Ike calls and asks if is is snowing at the house, so I look outside and, sure enough, it is! Since it is so wet, I figured it would melt (plus it doesn't really feel THAT cold out), but 20 min later I look out again...and it is actually sticking! Wow! Sept. 29th...the first snow....this is Utah everybody..no fall, no spring...just winter and summer!

Here are two pics taken days apart (earlier in the week on a bright, sunny, 75 degree day, and today....cold, rainy, and yes...snowy! Click on the lower two pics to see the snow in more detail.

Ok, mom...this should fulfill the "house pic" you requested, too. I will work on getting some inside shots for you later!

The only good thing about seeing snow is that it means CHRISTMAS is getting closer (and my non-birthday, which I am not celebrating this year because I will never be older than 29....right SImone????...yours is just around the corner...SORRY! Oh, and Aubs and Lana...you guys are nearing, too...Oh, and how can I forget my best friend from high school....Holly...sorry babe....I missed your big 3-0 this week...I still love ya, even if you have entered the next decade of life!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Snow already? Yeah, good luck with that...I couldn't last out there.
You are brave woman.
But the bright side is fun snowboarding trips all the time. I would come visit for that!

29? I thought we were looking at 25! Ok, I'll take 27 right about now.

Wish you were here!!! We could celebrate together. But you HAVE to do something!! We only turn 25, (or 27) once!!

Guess what we're celebrating as well? Our kids that turned 2, and
Our 5th anniversary! So crazy!!
I know yours is in Nov., but what's the date again?

I think I will have to post some pictures of my wedding, just to show how different we looked. ...and the fun we had of course. Remember when Dave went into Mitty's the night before and shook his booty like crazy in front of Luckytown??! I laughed so hard!

I remember when you and April left my reception at the end of the night, I gave you my veil and started to cry (tear!) b/c I had a feeling we wouldn't be seeing each other for a long time after that.

Nana said...

Wow! You have grass and everything now. The house looks great. I can't believe you have already had snow. The older I get the more I dread the cold, but yet I like being able to dress in the sweat shirts/sweaters and jeans (what I call comphy-squishy clothes). Go figure.