Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Okay, Simone...Here I go..

My friend, Simone, "tagged" me with this, so here are my responses....(by the way, I usually don't respond to these but I will humor my favorite OBX resident for this one!)

***************************

Jobs I've had:

(in order??)
Johnny's Frozen Custard
Water Country USA (Fun times with my girl, Brooke)
NAU Counseling and Testing Center (for fun money in college)
Coldwell Banker, Narico in Flagstaff (where I worked with a secret snowboarder crush)
Tuscon Parks and REcreation (My sis, Meg, and I rocked that job...the kids loved us)
Margarita Middle School (my first "real job" after college)
Kahuku High and INtermediate School (on the North Shore of Hawaii....what could be better???)
Lakeview Academy (currently...oh, and part time and loving it!)




Movie I could watch over again:

Goonies
Girls Just Want to Have Fun
The Great Outdoors (I will never forget the way my mom couldn't stop laughing when the bear gets its butt blown off)
Sweet Home Alabama....the classic chick flick
Any of the old Star Wars Movies
Pirates of the Caribbean (Black Pearl)
Jurasic Park (I or III)
Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
FRIENDS (Not a movie, I know...but it's still one of my all time favs)



Places I've lived:

(Again...In order???)
Leavenworth, KS (...no not IN the prison)
Yorktwown, VA
Flagstaff, AZ
Tucson, AZ
Murrietta, CA/Moreno Valley, CA
Hauula, HI....yeah baby! (not for the Hauula part, but for the Hawaii part)
Las Vegas, NV (Yuck)
Spanish Fork, Utah (currently)

I'm sure I have missed a few places I lived for short periods of time...but these have the most significance!


TV Shows:

Friends re-runs
The Bachelor (or almost any dating reality show...Ike HATES them!)
House
Lost
Grey's Anatomy
My Name is Earl
Las Vegas
Desperate Housewives (and no, I am not one!)
Private Practice...Ok, so it hasn't started yet, but I am predicting it to be a fav
American Idol
So You Think You Can Dance
Days of Our Lives (Ike hate's that I watch a soap...but I tell him I hate that he watches wrestling...it's just as fake as soaps..)
Side Order of Life...(mom, I think you would like this one...it's a refreshingly different type of show on Lifetime on Sundays)
Army Wives
Hogan Knows Best (so scripted, but funny none the less)
Rescue Me (kind of risque, but another different type of show)

So, it seems like I spend all my time watching TV, but TIVO is the greatest creation known to man and I record all these and watch them when I have time.


Places I've been on Holiday:

(Does this mean vacation??...the way it is written, I sounds like a Brit wrote it...not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Outer Banks, NC (Best beach family vacation memories)
All over Florida...Ft. Lauderdale, Daytona, Tampa, Orlando, the Swannee River
Denver/Tuscon ( when my sisters and I went to visit our dad in the summers growing up it always felt like a great vacation)
NYC... H.S. Freshman Year trip and Macey's Day Parade with my Fam in college
Mexico: Cuernavaca, Mexico City, Taxco, Ixtapa, Acapulco, Puerto Escondido...I could go on...when you spend a semester there there it's like a 3-month long vacation (Don't worry parents...I did learn a Lot of spanish)
Hawaii....Again, Living there was like a vacation (although Ike and I honeymooned there before we moved there.
Lake Mead (most recently)




Favorite Dishes:

Too many to list...I just LOVE food. My husband hates this because I get very upset when I order something and it's not right. It's just that I have this vision of what I want and I'm salivating for it, so if it is not what I expect, then I get disappointed. My favorite Ice cream is Ben and Jerry's Southern Pecan Pie (which I haven't seen in more than 5 years).

Websites I visit:

My emails
NCAA (for jobs for Ike every spring)
TV network sites (to catch up on things I may have missed with my fav. shows or to see sneak peeks)
Blog sites
Grand Canyon University (for my Master's Program)
Many others.....as needed or when I have a need to research something online

Places I'd like to be:

Any Beach at Sunset (preferably facing west)
At home with my Family eating dinner and watching our favorite shows
Anywhere where I can be in the Beauty of Nature (sounds so sappy...but as I expressed last weekend at Lake Mead while taking off from the marina at sunrise..."I love Nature")
Angels Baseball games when the Rally Monkey appears
Disneyland on a less populated day...always a classic and never gets old
I'd like to go to Europe one day and I love going to ancient sites (I'd love to see Machu Pichu in the Andes...it is in the Andes, right?)



Tagging:

Anybody....no pressure, but this was actually fun....if I only could have finished it faster....I'm tired!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, I'm your ONLY OBX resident, but I'll take it!!!

A few things came to mind when reading this:

~ Totally miss hitting Johnny's with you! (Or getting ANY ice cream for that matter!)

~ I remember you can break out any song f/Seven Brides... (very good talent)

~ I'm so glad there is another guy on this earth that watches wrestling! I thought I was the only wife with that deal. I told John we've lived in the south WAY too long! ...LOVE DH! and Side Order

~ The Favorite Dish thing just made me laugh b/c YES...Food is VERY IMPORTANT! That's one thing I think sealed our friendship f/the beginning!

Glad you did this! Since you're far away, I've forgotten so many fun things about you, and learned some new ones too.

Auburn said...

All I could think of when I read your favorite ice cream is how you would pronounce it like "Pee-can" instead of how us Arizonans pronounce it "Pa-con".Oh, and how you pronounce "Aunt". You East Coast kids are so weird!